7 Reasons to buy a weekend home instead of a holiday home
A weekend home can be defined as ‘your home away from home’. Typically within a radius of 1- 2 hour’s drive from your home, therefore making it possible to comfortably go there for weekends and short breaks.
A holiday home is usually too far to reach comfortably for short holiday breakaways, for quick maintenance or emergencies.
The need for a weekend home arises out of the need to:
- ‘get away from it all’ for a short period of time,
- go to completely different surroundings,
- experience a completely different lifestyle,
- have your batteries recharged,
- eliminate having to drive endless hours,
- be within easy reach of your property
- AND having a great, safe investment at the same time!
It is difficult to beat the versatility of a weekend place. Our clients added more reasons why a weekend home is preferable:
- ‘Those spur of the moment breakaways are possible at the drop of a hat.’
- ‘It is easier to invite your friends to your weekend home; they stay only for 2 days as opposed to a long holiday with a house full of people.’
- ‘We often use our weekend home for our company’s year end functions,and entertaining special guests and clients.’
- ‘We created wonderful memories at our weekend home with our special family reunions!’
Weekend homes come in all shapes and sizes, depending on your preferred style of relaxation. We have weekend homes from the following (and combinations of) lifestyle categories to choose from:
- Country living;
- Fishing and Kayaking;
- Game Lodges and Safari’s,
- Hiking, Abseiling and Mountain trails;
- Nature and Tranquility;
- Spa’s and Wellness;
- Water sports and Recreation.